Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tracy!


Because quite frankly, she's not present in my blog nearly enough, I thought I would honor my little(st) sister Tracy because today is her BIRTHDAY! She was our Christmas Eve baby, arriving 28 years ago today. I was in the 1st grade when she was born so I have lots of memories of her as a baby.
Just a few things that I love about my baby sister...

If I told her I liked her hat, she would take it off and try to give it to me...she sings beautifully, and I love to sit and listen to her sing and play her guitar...she bought me a beautiful pair of earrings and a cool shirt for Christmas even though she didn't draw my name...she reads...and reads...and she's the smartest one of all of us...beautiful, too...she loves my children...her friends know all about my kids because she talks about them...she has fun...and is unabashed...she always comes to visit me when I'm in the hospital...she really appreciates food and the art of preparing it...she cares about the earth and our world and makes conscious decisions accordingly...I admire her creative and original style...and her courageous choices...she is the champion at Scrabble...I love that she goes skinny-dipping...and that she's fiercely loyal to the people in her life...when I look into her eyes, I see myself - we are obviously sisters.


with Clara
Happy Birthday, Tracy!!! We all love you.

2 comments:

Cary said...

That photo of her sleeping on you melts me! And throw a little brown clown wig on her, and she'd look just like my baby girl.

The Davidson Den said...

Love those old photographs.