Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Trees

We ventured out to the Christmas Tree Farm the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We picked a perfect day that didn't even require coats. The kids, once again, loved the pig races. They are pretty cute.
Yeah...why, oh, why can't all 3 of my children look normal at the same time during a picture. When child #1 is not smiling, child #2 is smiling too much.

Bless Tornado's heart; he was really trying hard. Look at how straight and stiff his hands were. Sissy wouldn't put her arms down. And I don't know why my kids always lean their heads back and stick their chins out when they are trying to smile big. Here are our pics from last year's trip to pick out our tree.

Even though I couldn't really see the kids on the way home, we managed to fit our tree in the car. I was very excited we were able to get a potted one, which is what we usually do. We can plant them in our yard and not feel sad about cutting down a tree and spending so much money on something that is going to be tossed in a few weeks. My dad no longer has a truck we can borrow, and I didn't think we'd be able to put a potted one on top or inside, but we know now it's possible.
our tree!

I was so excited about Christmas, I went out and bought 3 more potted trees that week. This little one the kids were responsible for decorating on their own, any way they wanted. We are also using it for our


Adorenaments from Family Life. Jeff and Kristi got them for us one year. They come with a book that includes devotional type readings to explain each ornament. We are adding one each day.

and this is "my" tree
I decorated this tree with silver bells, paper doves, and the ornaments my wonderful, late Great Aunt Mert crocheted for us long ago.
It's very exciting for me; this is only the 2nd year I've had a mantel to hang my stockings. It was absolutely a requirement when we built our house.

2 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What beautiful trees! I know what you mean about getting all the kids to cooperate in the photos. It can be so challenging! They look like they are having so much fun, and I bet they cannot wait for Christmas!

The Davidson Den said...

Oh, my word. That picture of the tree in the car made me literally laugh out loud! We love Adorenaments, too. Our challenge is fitting in all the stuff we want to read with the kids, do with the kids, etc. etc. before bed each night during the Christmas season. It's hard! Almost as hard as getting 3-4 children to smile nicely at the same time for a photo. Almost.