Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vegan MoFo

Vegan MoFo (Vegan Month of Food) is almost up...the other night I made stuffed bell peppers, using peppers from dad's garden.

I stuffed them with a mixture of quinoa (did you know quinoa is a whole protein and contains more protein than any other grain?), onions, leftover taco crumbles, corn, tomatoes, avocadoes, spices, and salsa.
Here they are after I added the whole wheat bread crumbs and Daiya cheese...are you sick of that word yet? Daiya, Daiya, Daiya. Tornado gobbled up 2 bell peppers himself and asked if he could take one in his lunch the next day, which he did. Dash and Sissy ate a modified meal this night...bowls of quinoa, tofu, cheese, baby carrots, and also avocado and tomato for Sissy.

I just wasn't into the idea of stuffed bell peppers, and I didn't feel particularly hungry. I just ate some of the roasted garbanzo beans I'd made from using up the pot 'o beans I had from the day before. In a bowl, I drizzled them with olive oil and salt. On half of them, I also sprinkled Simply Organic spicy steak seasoning. I baked them at 375 for about 45 minutes, I think. I turned them halfway through. Yum. These didn't last very long around here. Here's another recipe for them.

No comments: