Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Search for the Lost Memory Card

Wish I could show you what a fun weekend we had, but I've been hunting my camera memory card for two days. It is plugged into the little usb adaptor. I am pretty sure I unhooked the little adaptor from the computer cord and set it on the homeschool table. I even thought to myself, "I shouldn't leave it there," but lazily thought I'll come back and put it somewhere else in a minute. I've been looking everywhere...inside all the toy bins, in the couch cushions, drawers, trash can...it looks like just the thing one of the boys would take off with, pretending it is an airplane or something. Currently, I am offering a $5 reward to the child who finds it.

On a lighter note, Tornado just read the book Bye-bye, Mom and Dad by Mercer Mayer. The little critters' parents go out of town, and Grandma and Grandpa babysit. Little Critter makes a special lunch - peanut butter and pickle sandwiches with potato chips, marshmallows, and chocolate syrup on top. After supper tonight, Tornado became very determined to make his own sandwich like this. I kept trying to dissuade him, and he pleaded. We replaced tortilla chips for the potato chips and whipped cream for marshmallows...Dash ate his sandwich (which was 1/4 of an actual sandwich), and Sissy ate a few bites. Tornado took a couple of bites, then said he was done. I said, "Oh, no - you wanted it; now you're going to eat it." He did his best, trying to force it down. I let him off the hook after a few more bites.

2 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

It is amazing how fast your most treasured possessions come back to you when you offer a $5 reward to whichever child finds it first. I'm sure you'll have that memory card in no time. I've used the same technique for lost library cards, lost keys, lost coupons, and lost gift certificates. It's a no-fail strategy.

Annette W. said...

You sound so much like me! I am ever too lazy (not that yours is a chronic condition like mine) to do things right...and it often comes back to bite me.

Looking forward to the pictures!