Friday, May 22, 2009

Last Day of Preschool

The little ones finished up preschool last week. It was bittersweet. "Last days" are always kind of sad. And to be honest, Tornado and I really enjoyed our days alone. We got to engage in uninterrupted learning projects, paint at the pottery studio, meet daddy for lunch, etc. However, the plus sides are not having to get out two days a week, having nap times/schedules go back to normal on those days, and saving money. Tornado and I went to watch Dash's class perform for the families. I was very nervous as to how he would do. You just never really know. At first, he was a little shy and kept his hands by his mouth. Got a little of his mom's performance anxiety.
But after awhile, he really got into it, engaging in hand movements and everything. It was really, really sweet. He kept looking at me with a proud/embarrassed face. I loved it. (This is his class joined with another class. The very cute girl standing next to him is the one he says doesn't like him because he put glue on her.)
We went into his classroom afterward for a little party. They all received a shovel and pail filled with a book, puzzle, sidewalk chalk, etc.
Sissy, in her classroom, got a little pail filled with goodies, too. She just loved going to school.
outside school
Back at home...we had a little photo session outside because I realized their outfits coordinated. And I hadn't even planned it - bonus. I didn't even have to bribe them this time. My "I do everything for you, and I don't ask for very much in return; can you please do this for your momma who loves you?" speech worked.
Okay...this is the last one, I promise. I have cute kids. I mean, they're cute, right? :)

2 comments:

Sweet Serendipity said...

Adorable, adorable photos!

Cary said...

the CUTEST. I love Remi's dress...save it for me!