Monday, May 18, 2009

Ice Cream Social

Friday Night's Mystery was, once again, simple and at home because the kids and I had to leave for Missouri early the next morning. We opened this play ice cream set that Googie got for Sissy in Chicago...
...and Tornado made this sign for Sissy's table that we carried downstairs...

...and we had ourselves a little icecream social (with crushed pineapple, chopped strawberries and bananas, and sliced almonds for toppings...I'm so annoyed I forgot to set out the cherries.)

SoDelicious strawberry - and we also tried the new Purely Decadent line of coconut milk "icecream." Wow - it was DELICIOUS. I think it was my favorite type of non-dairy icecream yet - and it seems, perhaps, to be the healthiest alternative so far (other than making your own.) I'm going to get another flavor to try today during our trip to Whole Foods.

The porcelain cups were so little Ryan had to have a ridiculous amount of refills - the kids enjoyed filling up their own cups, too! - but it was fun.

No comments: