Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Braggin' Rights

I started writing this post last week, but then I got distracted with Christmas. I have videos, but I haven't figured out how to get them on my computer. We knew Daddy was excited about the Mizzou-Illini game so we all dressed up in orange and blue before he got home from work. The boys and I made signs to welcome him, as well. Tornado was very adamant about our signs saying things like "Illini fans, enter here" and "Illini fans party entrance, this way," complete with an arrow. Ryan pointed out later that it was very typical for Tornado's sign to be directional as he loves everything map-related. Dash's sign was very impressive, too. He started out drawing a picture of a basketball, then made the basketball have a face, then drew a whole basketball family. I asked him what he wanted the basketball to say, and he exclaimed grandly, "The Illinois show!" I don't really know what he meant by that, but it was very cute so that is what I wrote.
After supper, Ryan watched the game with the kids coming in and out occasionally to cheer. I tried sitting there for a few minutes in support of my husband and what he loves...but honestly it's so painful for me to watch sports (besides tennis) on television. I just can't take it. I think I should have earned enough points wearing his orange t-shirt when I'm really a Missouri girl at heart. It's actually good that I'm not a sports fan in that way so that I don't have an opinion of what team our children should be raised on.
I made milkshakes, and Ryan made popcorn, and we all exchanged high fives when Illinois pulled out a victory, 75 to 59. Sorry, Uncle Matt.

No comments: