Tuesday, February 5, 2019

First Day of School

     August arrived, and the house was abuzz with getting ready for the school year to start. I was yawning late one night, trying to surprise Tornado with this.

     I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job on his Upixel backpack, piecing together ideas from the internet and filling out the space with whatever I could think of. These products are cute ideas and also tedious work.

     The kids were greeted downstairs on their first day of homeschool academy with this table display. Just like last year, they will attend this school all day twice a week.

         I just like to make the first day fun. And fun was needed as we had not been used to getting up at 7 a.m. 

     Here is a list of the classes they are taking:

Ninja - History/Geography, Junk Box Wars, Literature, Chess, Theater, Science Alive, Spanish, Sign Language

Sis - Chess, Theater, Dance, Economics Biz Town, U.S. Presidents, Junk Box Wars, Sign Language

Dash - Advanced Geography, Computer Programming, Art, Literature, Junk Box Wars, Criminology, Odyssey of the Mind

Tornado - Art, U.S. Presidents, Photography, Film making, OT, Robotics, Web Design


     pancakes, fruit, sausage, and smoothies


And my beauties...
6th grade

1st grade

8th grade

continuing on with 12th grade

     I stuck around for their first couple of days of classes to make sure everyone was getting where they needed to be on time. It's nice to have the opportunities to peek in on my babes, getting glimpses into their worlds.

         Not only was this the first day of school...it was the day my baby lost his first tooth! This happened while we were waiting on his dance class to start. Both he and Sis are taking dance classes twice a week. Hip hop and break dancing for him and lyrical and hip hop for Sis.

     The next day, school at home was in full session, as well. We do history together, read and discuss a chapter book together, and also do other random subjects and projects all together. (Obiously, assignments differ according to age and ability.) The three big kids do Teaching Textbooks on their own for math. I love it because quite honestly, their math is getting difficult for me. And if they don't understand something, they can rewind the teaching video. I can also get a clear picture of how they are doing by looking at their progress reports. They each have a checklist of everything else they have to complete each day, which might include some homework from academy. We are looking forward to a new school year in a new house.

No comments: