Monday, June 28, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: Patriotic Theme

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

There continues to be no theme this summer for Muffin Tin Mondays.
I chose patriotic theme because we won't be able to do it at home next week.

I made red, white, and blue kabobs.

RED: grape tomatoes, apples, and frozen strawberries
WHITE: lightly stir-fried tofu cubes and cauliflower
BLUE: blueberries

I asked Sissy why we were having a red, white, and blue meal; she had no clue.
So, apparently, it was a learning experience.

I cut the star out of a Ozery Bakery Breakfast Pitas (They had the Breakfast Muesli flavor.). The kids really like these a lot. They usually eat one warmed with Earth Balance stuck inside when we need a quick breakfast on-the-go.

I got the wooden party picks from Pier 1. A bag of 24 were only a couple of dollars.

The pinwheels really work.

Have a Happy 4th of July, if I miss getting to say that next weekend!


8 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome tin!!

Unknown said...

I love your picks and kabobs. I did red, white, and blue too.

Shannon said...

Great tin! What kind of container is it? Looks pretty cool!

UtahJenny said...

Very festive and cute and healthy - and now I might have to run off to Pier 1!!!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Great tin, super yummy and thos epicks are awesome!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

The little pinwheels are so cute! We love tofu at my house too. :-)

Anonymous said...

very cute! my girls love fruit kebabs

Vallimasoos said...

Great idea and super easy! I have the same picks (from Hobby Lobby)...