Monday, May 30, 2011

Project 365: Major Catch-Up

Monday, May 16
Still enjoying our time with my sister and her kids while they were in town.

Tuesday, May 17
Because I was lacking one, Cary sent me this one she took of the kids at my parents' house. I love them so!

Wednesday, May 18
Today, the kids and I, along with Cary and her kids plus our parents met Tracy in Little Rock for lunch (and a bit of shopping). Look out, Papaw, T-Rex is coming to get you! "Grrr...ahhh!"

"Powww."

Thursday, May 19
Cary and I took the four little ones to story-time at the library this morning. Sissy was "reading" to the others...

...while they sweetly "listened." My nephew (far left) had brought the binoculars (a must-have for any library outing obviously) with him.

Today, Dash surprised me with the "art gallery" he set up. First, he had a picture of a fire-breathing dragon.

He also made a Lego sculpture.

Friday, May 20
Sissy had her end-of-the-year music recital at the arts academy she attends. I didn't get great pictures because I wasn't using my flash. But that's one of her best friends staying next to her.

Saturday, May 21
I took Sissy to a friend's "Orange" birthday party. Fortunately, we do own plenty of orange clothing, in the form of Illini gear, so she was set. The goody-bags were super cute: homemade orange play-dough, a clementine, and a mango organic sucker tied in a bag with an orange ribbon and orange pinwheel.

Earlier that day, I had driven to Searcy for the second day in a row to attend the state home school convention. As usual, I came home with too many books from the used curriculum sale. However, it's hard to pass up such fun stuff that can be as low as $.50 or $1 a book. I also found some of the necessary curriculum to be used at our homeschool co-op.

Sissy had went with me on Friday to spend the day at the workshops, etc. She was, of course, as mature and sweet as she always is at events like this (even when she has to sit quiet and listen for an hour). When we walked into the big gymnasium with all of the vendor booths set up, she gasped, "This is amazing!"

Sunday, May 22
We got a new television for the living room. Yes, we had a perfectly good one already, but it was pretty small up on the wall. I had to squint to read the channel guide. So the extra excitement was now having streaming Netflix capabilities. Love all of the learning shows. Of course, I say "we" are enjoying it, but in over a week I still haven't had an opportunity to sit down and watch a single show.

Monday, May 23
Dash fell asleep while waiting for his brother in the car line at school. He wasn't wearing a shirt so he had wrapped himself up in a blanket. Sometimes he will walk through the house buck naked, then other times he is sooo modest.

Tuesday, May 24

It's one of those days I ended up taking no pictures. (Maybe because I missed Ryan so much while he was away on business for 3 days!) However, Ryan's being a good sport and allowing me to post pictures of some of the funny texts he sent me that night from Texas. He was really excited because his business obligations were finished early. (Usually, he has meetings until bedtime.) He was going to see Thor by himself; I was so happy for him! However, first he was spooked by being the only one in this huge theater. Then, they stopped the movie (because of a tornado warning) and made everyone move to a center theater to wait out the warning. Then, he spilled his popcorn. And I'm sure he was really excited about that popcorn. Bless his heart.





Wednesday, May 25
Dash came across this iron-on flower. He brought it to me with a piece of tape and attached it to the front of my shirt - to make me look pretty. I need all the help I can get these days.

Thursday, May 26
The kids had been beeeegging to bake something, anything. So we made chocolate chip cookies.

And they asked if they could be the waiters and serve them to us. Ryan and I sat on the couch while they took our orders on little notepads. They were actually pretty creative with their offerings.

Let's get a close up of those bad boys.
#1 - Cookie with chocolate frosting: you can't go wrong with that.
#2 - Cookie (It had a sweet little bite taken out of it - plus some cookie dough on top. That was ingenious, if you ask me. It was really good.
#3 - Cookie Dough Ball

Friday, May 27
Ryan took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at the theater.

Upon their return, Dash was interested in practicing his own "Kung-Fu" the rest of the night.

Saturday, May 28
Pretty excited about our 3 day weekend, especially since Ryan was gone most of the week! We made a rare move by going furniture shopping in Little Rock. (We need better couch seating now that we have the t.v. in the living room!) We enjoyed frozen vegan treats from Whole Foods after we went out for lunch (at Lilly's DimSum, Then Some).

Sunday, May 29
More furniture shopping today. (Big purchases take a lot of mulling over for us, but we wanted to take advantage of Memorial Day Sales.) We also enjoyed another lunch out and a little walk outside afterward. Ryan took this picture of Tornado because he looked so cute (and old), walking with his hands in his pockets.

Monday, May 30
While cleaning a little house this morning, I took pictures of Sissy's stack of art papers she brought home from the last day of class (since I obviously can't save them all). These are a few of them.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Loving all of it!

Miss you!