Monday, January 18, 2010

Gratitude Community

holy experience
As I continue my list of big things and little things
That I am ever so grateful for
Things that make me smile
Or warm my soul
As I attempt to undue
The grumbling that has taken over
A spot in a dark place of my heart...


14)
the little 2 year old bottom that just made its way onto my lap and the little hand that still likes to make its way down the top of my shirt, to be comforted


15)
an extra day of sleeping in...having my kids at home on this holiday


16)
for the person who spoke out against discrimination and hate


17)
that others take time to give me such amazing ideas on their blogs


18)
how much better body pillows help me sleep


19)
the internet


20)
facebook...I love having the majority (but not all yet, obviously) of the people who have meant something to me in my life all hooked up on one page...it's nice for a stay-at-home mom who tends to get lonely with very little social interaction in her life


21)
my husband has integrity


22)
washable markers


23)
hotels

24) when I'm at the grocery store, etc. and I see the other people in line also bringing their own reusable bags - and if you don't do that, please consider doing so! :)


25)
when there is still cereal in the box and milk in the carton on a sleepy morning


26)
the weekend mornings when Ryan gets up without a word to tend to the kids and dogs...it doesn't happen every morning, and sometimes I do it for him...we can always sort of sense who needs the other to do it


27)
the peaceful fun I had last night while putting together puzzles with the kids


28)
being able to walk outside lately without a coat


29)
the extra time I had this weekend to finally take the ornaments off the tree...and I just KNOW I'm going to get everything Christmas related put in tubs sometime this week... ;)


30)
the amazing knowledge and life experience of my pastor


31)
Synthroid...I might not be here without it


32)
my daughter's original "I love my momma...I love my momma" song


33)
an seemingly endless supply of seemingly clean water


34)
mapquest and the GPS in my car


35)
phone calls from friends and family


36)
that even though my son has a chromosome abnormality, which is the leading cause of miscarriage, he was delivered healthy and at full-term...and that his physical problems have been relatively minimal so far...please pray that he will continue to grow strong and overcome


37)
the beautiful, sincere prayers that come out of my children's mouths


38)
libraries...I could spend all day in one, quietly looking through every aisle


39)
that I've never had to live through the devastation of a house fire, earthquake, tornado, or hurricane


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things
...
Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love songs my children make up. Blessings...