Friday, June 14, 2019

Thanksgiving in Arkansas and at Home

     I accidentally posted this out of order. Before it was getting to look a lot like Christmas, we had a nice time in Arkansas for Thanksgiving...

      My sister and I took our kids and our Dad on a hike at Woolly Hollow State Park. We walked the Huckleberry Trail around the lake.

Scenes from our day:


Gratitude List From the Week:
     Since I have stretched out my Gratitude List over the course of years, I'm sure I will end up repeating things occasionally. That's ok. They are different feelings and different reasons during different points in life. A beautiful day for a hike (#533), Woolly Holly State Park (#534), my Dad's improving health (#535), after 7 years, my soft, squishy (as more than one of them have described me), warm body is still the biggest comfort to my son (#536), that every time I express that I wish I could have another baby, THIS ONE declares, "Momma, you still have a baby!!!" (#537)


    He's talking about himself, of course. I read some people's opinions recently about how Momma's boys grow up to be narcissistic and terrible partners. :0 It did cause me to pause and worry for a minute haha. My boys aren't given everything they want, though; they are told no, I give it to them straight when I need to, they're pretty sweet boys...so I will just keep trying my best to love them like crazy without them turning into terrible romantic partners one day lol.

     Little girls who are quickly turning into big girls...but who can still giggle and make up dance routines that they perform for the family. (#538)

     Cousin movie nights (#539)...and my sister is really funny #540 (memory: Dash telling her about how people watch youtube channels that consist of watching others play video games - and Cary pretending to start a youtube channel about people watching her do her crossword puzzles)

My niece is amazing, and I adore her. (#541)

My nephew is amazing, and I adore him. (#542)


     The best drives from Arkansas to Florida (#543) include a stop at one of the Cafe Sunflower locations in Atlanta:
drumstix for the kids

     one of the best desserts they have (#544)

     We had spaghetti for Thanksgiving at my parents' house. The kids and I, feeling very nostalgic about our holiday traditions, were a little like "Whaaaattt?!" (However, we love spaghetti, and it was delicious. #545) And we also felt badly that Dad had to be at home, working (#546), and Thanksgiving food is one of his favorites. SO, when we returned from our trip, we made a Thanksgiving meal complete with Tofurky...(#547)

and pumpkin pie. (#548)

      Thankful for the 10 hands that belong to my children and husband.(#549-558)

No comments: