Friday, April 19, 2019

Field Trip: George Washington Carver Museum

     Our other field trip while in Missouri was to George Washington Carver National Monument...

in Diamond, Missouri. I took this pic because Tornado "collects" photos of water towers. He has a album on his ipad full of them. It's his thing to spot while we are traveling.

       It was another chance to earn a Junior Ranger badge.

They got right to work!

     My kids (even the older boys) always love interactive historical museums that include play kitchens and play stores. There is just something so fun about this to them.

 
    I get my "meals" made for me. 

     It's a nice museum, and I am surprised I have never brought them here before.

      The Junior Ranger booklet required a walk on the trail.

     We were glad about this because it was actually nice walking weather. The kind when it's really chilly and you have to be bundled up, but it feels actually refreshing breathing in the cold air. And it's nice to get some use out of our winter coats.

sticks: the cheapest, most used toy



And back inside the museum:
     They got their badges. We enjoyed learning more about the amazing scientist and inventor. There is also a film to watch in the visitor's center. Vistor's Center Films: no exaggeration, truly one of my favorite things in life.

No comments: